Monday, October 6, 2008

Training Week 2: Complete

Amount raised so far for Amazon Medical Missions: 690$. Directions are over on the top right side of this blog if you want to give!

Sunday completed week 2 of training. After a week with just a few challenges, the training was a tad more difficult, but with God's help, another week of training is done!

Yesterday on my long run day, my body felt nauseated, and I wasn't breathing as well as normal. It just wasn't a peak running day. By the fourth mile, I was struggling and ready to be finished. Suddenly, three little boys filled the path riding bikes and trikes and enjoying the park. One of the three little guys sailed in front of my on his trike and rode right in front of me for a while for a little stretch. As I looked at him riding in front of me, he had a green little t-shirt on, tattered blue jean shorts, and a head full of black hair. He had mocha colored skin and was riding barefoot.

He was a visual reminder to me in that moment of why I'm running. When I was in the middle of a moment where I thought I couldn't run anymore, I was reminded of the little children of the Amazon River. I thought about how your donations will go to work for them to help them have a better life.

That's why I'm running.

And it's why I need your help. The amount of money raised so far has been given by two very generous people. It's a large amount, but just given by two. Think of if all of you donated what little you can, how that amount would grow. Here are some pictures from my times in the Amazon so you, too, can see why I'm running and what your giving will go towards:









This is what it's all about! And each and every time I run, I am reminded that I am running in a healed and whole body! It's a miracle, and I'm so happy to use my new vessel to bring glory to Him and aid to His people in Peru! Keep up with me on this journey, I know God's going to continue to do great things!!!

No comments: