Monday, October 13, 2008

Week 3: Training Complete

Amount raised so far for Amazon Medical Missions: $690.00 Please see the little diddy to the right of this page for info on how you can give.

When God first healed me of hypoglycemia, I first had a hard time believing it had actually happened. I prayed to Him for confirmation of the healing. Then I heard the song within my spirit that goes something like this: "Sing a new song unto our God/ A hymn of praise unto our Lord/ Many will see and hear and put their trust in the Lord."

At work last week, my patient, Mr. B. and I got into a discussion about exercise. He started asking me about my own exercising habits, and I shared with him about my half marathon training. As he wanted to know why I was running a half marathon, I got to tell him all about my former sickness, God's healing of it, and now my desire to run for the people of the Amazon. He listened and tried to refute my story by asking me, "wasn't there some kind of medicine you took or doctor you saw to get better from your hypo---, hypo--, what was it?"

"No, sir. I took no medicine and there was no doctor in Tijuana. I was healed of hypoglycemia, something I'd struggled with for years by God alone. There is no other explanation." You can't refute the truth when faced with it. This man didn't care much for God, but after my story, he made some comments that led me to believe I left him wondering about this God after all.

This week I took a bad spill at work and fell on my back. It wasn't so good. I was hurting pretty badly after the incident. The night before I fell, though, I had a dream while sleeping. I dreamt that I was in a car with Dr. Bob, the doctor I go to the Amazon with. I had dropped he and his wife off at some store and then was left in the car alone to go park it. As I looked out at the parking lot, I had the sudden realization I was somewhere seedy. Somewhere evil. I went to lock my doors, but two men jumped into my car, one in the front seat, one in the back. I knew they were bent on evil towards me. I remembered in my dream the words of Isaiah 54, and I began to speak Scripture at them. The man in the back seat fled the car. The man up front stayed for awhile, but after repeating the same scripture to him over and over he eventually fled.

When I hurt my back this week, I suddenly grew fearful of how it might affect my run. Then I thought about having a healed body and desiring to use it for a purpose for God. I realized He wouldn't heal me of one illness to have a testimony for others, just to leave me suffering with a permanent back injury.

So I hopped on the treadmill that night, sore and hurting, but speaking scriptures about healing and thanking Jesus he was taking care of my back.

Today, my back doesn't hurt anymore. I've gotten to share with some other people about my run and the Amazon. And I had a triumphant week of running this week. I'm up to five miles for the training and so thankful to God that this new body of mine is able.

This run, friends, it is a testimony. Many will see and hear and put their trust in the Lord.

Please keep me in your prayers.

And help me in supporting the people of the Amazon. I'm doing the running, now I need all of you to flex your checkbooks and give, give, give! (Shameless, I know, but it's fun asking for money when you're not asking for yourself!!)

I'll have a post up in the next few days hopefully about Mike and Suzy.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: