Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week 10: Training Interrupted

Amount raised for Amazon Medical Missions so far: $710.00.

As I began week 10 of half-marathon training, influenza reared its ugly head.

But, on to better things, I'm feeling better and hoping to resume running tomorrow.

So, less than 2 weeks, friends!! In less than 2 weeks I'll be in Dallas at the starting line.

I have never done this before. I've never run a race. I've never run with this many people on either side of me. I'm already fighting the feelings of claustrophobia. But here's the thing:

What I want most on December 14th is for Beth to be stripped away and for God to be glorified. Pure and simple.

God on High, God of the Angel Armies, The Alpha and Omega, Shepherd, My Friend Jesus, and Jehovah Rophe HEALED MY BODY.

Seriously.

I have been healed of hypoglycemia!

"For I am the LORD who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)

So, let's get busy running, friends!!!!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Can't wait to hear your race report, until then get well and enjoy taking in the miles!